This blog is a place to archive project processes and techniques from Painted Threads with descriptions of how work was produced. I am including comments that contain questions and answers pertaining to the work from many of the original blog posts.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rubber stamp

Staedtler Master Carve rubber block.
Purple fabric was stamped with gold textile paint. The white fabric and paper were stamped with Fabrico multipurpose craft ink.

Karoda said...

I would love to get such smooth lines at the edges of my stamps...I've been plugging away using Mastercarve and erasers but if you can share any tips for a smooth hand, pleassseeeee!

judy coates perez said...

When i carve the stamps I use the smallest v shape cutter to out line the shape and then I try to follow the contour of the carved shape with concentric cuts still using the smallest tool. Then I switch to a larger tool (sometimes the u shaped one) and go over the cuts, shaving off those high ridges. I hope that helps :)


Karoda said...

thanks judy, i use the smallest v cut but have seldom used the u-shaped tool...when i attempt to smooth out i've mainly used the blade...i'll give the u-shape a try to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape