This blog is a place to archive project processes and techniques from Painted Threads with descriptions of how work was produced. I am including comments that contain questions and answers pertaining to the work from many of the original blog posts.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Joy of Moleskin

For the last couple years I have not understood what the big woop about these books were until I recently bought one myself. Now I am completely hooked. I bought a Japanese pocket accordion notebook. It is 3.5 x 5.5 inches and unfolds into a long sheet.


The paper is awesome, smooth and heavy weight. It takes any medium wonderfully. I have been doing little fantasy drawings of plant and animal hybrids, inking them with a waterproof pen and coloring/painting them with watercolor pencils. I have now bought two more different types to try out. I originally thought these books were a little pricey, but these books are worth every penny. I want more, more more...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape